Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Years (Un)Resolution

My first day back at work in 2010 and i am slightly ashamed to say that I have not done any real exercise yet this year. I set out with such great expectations, but the wedding we attended and the subsequent feasting in Sydney proved too much of a draw and I have am absolutely knackered as a result.

The flights there and back were uneventful, but Malaysia Airlines really doesn't have a patch on Singapore and I spent most of the flight in a grump as a result.

Sydney is a geat town. There are a lot of cool suburbs, excellent restaurants and gorgeous people everywhere. We saw runners, bikes, swimmers and surfers pretty much everywhere we went - lending themselves a very healthy atmosphere which I am sure would  be pretty infectious if you lived there. I recently read that Australia has a higher level of obesity per capita than the US!?  I am sure this might be true given the quality of the food and the seeming lack of portion-size control in restaurants. If it is, it was not evident in the suburbs of Sydney that we saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment