Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Goals...

Today is a good day. I 'achieved' today. That is to say that I managed to close off a few important things from my to do list and move onto other less pressing, but have-been-waiting-longer things that have piled up. I like the sense of well-being i get when I feel like I have achieved. Doesn't really matter what it is or where I am, if i feel like i have completed something or added value to something, it really does lighten my day!

Speaking of, I got back on the treadmill last night and banged out a moderately paced 12k (just over an hour) and that too felt like achievement. My legs are a little tired today, and I know that I am still building back up my fitness but I knew that tonights plans meant that Wednesday would be workout free and I could push it a little. In my last post I said I would write a training calendar for myself. Well, I  havent written a schedule yet,  I thought it best to start with some goals.  As I am feeling pretty good right now, I think I need to be honest, but not conservative, ambitious, but not wholly unrealistic. Therefore, in 2010:
  • I would like to run a 45 minute 10k
  • I would like to reduce my marathon time to 3:45
  • I would like to do a sprint tri in under 1:20
Now it is time to work on a schedule to deliver all this...

No comments:

Post a Comment