Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Treadmill keeps on turning

This week I am in Jakarta, Indonesia. The gym in this hotel is pretty good and have a bunch of treadmills that look out over a garden with a nice pool. When I got to the hotel tonight I thought I would get down there and have a run. Pretty happy with 10k in 59 minutes with an average bpm of 141.

The hotel is in a fairly respectable part of Jakarta and the gym is open for public membership meaning that it is a very mixed crowd of westerners there for business, westerners who live in JKT and locals. Funny that a whatever their nationality a Muscle Mary is a Muscle Mary wherever you go. I actually wanted to laugh out loud at one point in my run at the absurd noises coming from muscle mary A to muscle mary B at the bench press - that coupled with the words of "motivational wisdom" really were enough to keep my distracted enough to log the miles and go home with a smile.

I still have not decided on which races (if any) to complete this year but that will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment