Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Poor Start

I am a worrier.

At the moment, my worry is about my work-out routine. Why? I have no idea.  Bizarrely enough I have done a couple of 1500m swims this year. I have run twice, both 5km, both under 25 minutes. I have also been and hit the gym hard twice. So what is there to worry about? All I know is that I dont feel like I am getting it right. It is probably because i am no where near the sirt of miles of was doing at the height of last years training and i am feeling withdrawl!

My solution. Do what the magazines and the blogs say to do. Pick a race or two at which I would like to climax this year and build a training schedule, in phases, building up to them. The Singapore Marathon is an obvious choice, but that is in December and is too far away for the first peak, so I will go away and think long and hard about the year and report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment