Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Why the 'faster lane'?

I have just been admiring my thirty minutes of handiwork designing this blog. I have grand ideas about keeping it up to date, particularly with my training, but i guess we will have to see how that goes.

As I was looking over the page, and admiring the nice photo of our new home town that I blantaltly stole off the web (until I find a nice self-taken replacement), I thought it would be worth a note about why I have chosen the title I have...

There are two reasons.

Driving in KL is an experience. Lauren is getting used to driving on the left side of the road for the first time in her life and is doing well She appears to have mastered the art of KL traffic - where he who believes he owns the road wins. I am trying (and failing) to find the quickest routes between point A and point B and often end up in the wrong lane on the highway with about 12 seconds notice of our impending exit. Very frustrating.

I have now run three marathons, a couple of 70.3 Ironman triathlons and a dozen other road and triathlon races. 2010 is going to be a running year for me. 2010 is going to be run in the faster lane...

No comments:

Post a Comment