Wednesday, December 30, 2009

race calendar 2010

I havent quite decided what races i will enter this year and hope that I will find someone who i can take some advice from on the Malayisa calendar sometime in January. Having just moved here, I am like a fish out of water. I have heard really bad things about some of the races in Malaysia, and on balance, I have heard some pretty good things too so I am not sure what to believe.

The races that i know for sure I will do are:
 - Singapore Marathon - December
 - Powerman Malaysia - November
 - Sheares Bridge Run half marathon - August

The ones that I have not yet decided on are:
 - Bintan Triathlon - May
 - Cyberjaya half marathon - February
 - Aviva Singapore 70.3 - March


The 70.3 is in late March and I dont feel that I am ready for it, although there is still 12 weeks to go. The problem is that I haven't been out on my bike for months. I am back in the pool though and have been running regularly again for a few weeks....

I am really interested in another couple of half marathons and ten km road races to build into my training schedule throughout the year. I am also going to spend a little time in January finding a running club or two to join to help me find some decent routes and to provide a little 'peer pressure'. I have been too easy on myself in the last three or four months and probably need to drive a bit harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment