Tuesday, September 13, 2011

New York Training Update - 9 weeks to go

It is Sunday night and another week has gone by. I know i have not uploaded my last post yet, but i thought i would write another post anyway. We are in Kansas City Missouri, Lauren's home town and I have had another disappointing week (of running). I have had a great week of vacation, but 5 short runs, totalling 30km is not doing my NYCM training much good.

Yesterday, we attended the wedding of our good friends Andrew and Meghan and the 'partying' meant that i was not in a good state to do a long run today. Whilst out walking, we did see a sign for a 5km race tomorrow that allows walk-in registration so that will be fun and has eased my guilt about a poor running week, just a little.

The new shoes are proving to be really really great. I feel like my posture is improved, by shins and calves feel strong and overall, they were a good purchase. I had a sneakey look on amazon a couple of minutes ago and they are on sale.. I might just buy myself another pair for when these run out..

Lauren and I ran four times together this week all on the "trolley trail" in KC. The route of the former state line trolley is gradually graded which leads to a nice 4km flat to downhill run out and a surprisingly tough slow up-hill back.



KC Trolley Trail in the fall.

The route is great because of where it is located and because it has a GREAT coffee place to sit and chill out at when we were done.


Despite being very relaxed on vacation i am starting to stress out about my training. I have just had two weeks without a decent long run and next week is likely to be slow and short because of the two days travel it will take us to get back! I am determined to make up for it, without injury when i am back home next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment