Friday, April 2, 2010

Holidays!

In a couple of hours we are off to the Beautiful isalnd of Bali for the weekend. It is where Lauren and I have chosen to get married later this summer. The "day" is coming fast and as if we needed an excuse to get down there before the big day, our wedding planner said she would organise a food tasting and another tour of the venue so we were booked like a shot.

This is now the end of March and when I look back at my posting from the end of February, I see that I was promising myself to up-the-ante with the training. Being sick for the best part of a week didn't help, but I had a couple of good hikes this month, some good runs, have kept up the push ups and have been doing a swim at least once a week. My miles (even with the sick week) have increased as well, although I didn't get on the bike again this month.

**Something NEW** I jumped onto the eliptical one evening this week and did 20 minutes of steady pace. Having never used one before, I was really quite impressed with the workout and will try to include some more of that in my routine. My calves and quads certainly took notice of it. I am not sure why, but i have always been a bit dismissive of it in the past, so I need to apologise to all those people I have gently mocked (in my head) in the gym all those times.

After the eliptical, I got off and straight onto the treadmill for a 27 minute 5k with a relatively low hear rate which is good stuff.  It is all strating ot come back a bit easier now and my legs are coping well. My biggest worry as I start to increase my miles was a repeat of the shin splints i suffered from early in last years training, but so far so good. Not going to get too complacent though - so it is probably time for a new pair of trainers!

I figured out my plan at work today for the next woupld of weeks and realised that there is no travel involved for the first two weeks of April, so I am going to GET-ON-IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment