Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Garmin has changed my life


For my birthday a few weeks ago, my wife bought me a new running watch. I had a Garmin before, but it got wet (in the rain) and stopped working after a couple of months. Since then i have been using my trusty Polar, which i love, but all i was getting was time and (when i remembered to wear the strap) my heart rate.

As a result of this amazing new toy, my running life has changed. Forever. I am an addict. But now, not only am I addicted to running, I am also addicted to the gadget. I look at the Garmin Connect site when I am home in the evening on my ipad. I look at it when I am at work on my pc. I even looked at it at on an internet hub in an airport lounge the other day.

The garmin connect website is brilliant. Easy to navigate and (one of the best bits) easy to export runs to Google earth. 



For those of you who dont have one; it is GREAT. Seeing the miles clocked up on the calendar every week, comparing runs on regular routes, downloading the data as soon as i walk in the door from a run and looking at my stats as I stretch - it all makes me want to run more. And faster.




No comments:

Post a Comment