Wednesday, February 24, 2010

ONE HUNDRED PUSH UPS (part ii)

I have been doing this routine (from their website) now for three weeks and it is amazing how much better i am getting already. This morning I did the following set:

22 (45 second break)
30 (120 second break)
20 (120 second break)
20 (100 second break)
31

My arms are now dead-weights pulling at my sides, but i really feel that this workout is helping me with my swimming. I jumped in the pool last night and did a warm up of 300m. I then took about two minutes and a couple of good mouthfuls of gatorade before going back and doing a straight steady set of 1000m without the normal arm and shoulder fatigue i normal suffer from.  Of all of the triathlon distances, this is the one that I really need to work on but the push ups seem to be making a big difference.

As a note of caution, last week i did my push ups before getting into the poll and i lasted about 400m in total and simply had nothing left in my arms- NOT a good morale booster!

No comments:

Post a Comment